About Jewish Voice for Peace Boston
JVP-Boston is a chapter of Jewish Voice for Peace (www.jvp.org), the largest US-based grassroots organization dedicated to promoting full equality, democracy, and self-determination for both Israelis and Palestinians.
JVP calls for
- A US foreign policy based on promoting peace, democracy, human rights, and respect for international law.
- An end to the Israeli occupation of Gaza and the West Bank, including East Jerusalem.
- A resolution of the Palestinian refugee problem consistent with international law and equity.
- An end to all violence against civilians.
- Peace among the peoples of the Middle East.
JVP-Boston works with peace activists in Palestine and Israel, and in broad coalition with Jewish, Arab-American, faith-based, peace, and social justice organizations.
What we do
JVP-Boston initiates a wide range of events, programs and campaigns. Currently we are deeply involved in the BDS [Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions] initiated by a call by over 100 Palestinian civil groups, unions, NGO’s, etc. Specifically we are spearheading actions against the pension giant TIAA Cref and the carbonated soda machine manufacturer SodaSttream. These, along with other campaigns, are coordinated with the national Jewish Voice for Peace, other JVP chapters as well as other local and national organizations.
JVP-Boston has a number of standing committees that address a variety of issues. We invite people to go to our web site and see the ways in which you can be involved in our activities.